Monday, January 31, 2011

Broadway in London Take 2...or 3?!

Broadway in London?...amazing. Tonight I had the privilege of seeing the infamous Les Miserables. People thought I was crazy for never seeing it before. In fact I had no idea what it was all about. So lets see...Wicked, Les Miserables, and Dirty Dancing? If you can even count that it was so awful, but tonight was a success!


Back up for just a sec...Earlier today I had the chance to travel down to Trafalgar Square and seeing the museum. I looked at Italian Renaissance art from the 13th and 14th centuries. They focused a lot on religion, so much of the work was about the life of Christ and there were many crosses and paintings that hang above altars. It was interesting seeing them depict Christ and his life and death. It made me think about my own faith and how I picture the Savior.


Standing at the museum overlooking Trafalgar Square



Okay, now for this evening. For those that have not seen Les Miserables, go! It was done incredibly well. Much different than what I expected, but very interesting. I LOVE Wicked and Wicked is completely different from tonight's show. Les Miserables is about the French Revolution and is very historical. I won't say any more in fear that i would ruin something for you, but every single lead had a great voice. It was so much fun to go as a big group all together. Broadway is big around here, and you gotta just jump in and enjoy the culture which gives us an excuse to go to shows with locals! Hey...I feel like we are a local now. Been here over a month and I feel like we just are apart of life in London. I still can't believe I am living in EUROPE!



Here are some more fun things about England:
If you "dine in" it is more expensive than "take away" because you are using dishes.
"To Let" means to "To Rent"--my roommate thought that to let was for the toilet and that all the signs were just missing the "i".
Part of the reason the British has such bad teeth is because of all the sugar they put in their tea.
There are so many more differences and fun things, I'll keep brainstorming for you, but right now everything is slipping my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment