Thursday, January 13, 2011

School? Yes. Real Life? Yes.

Ever since I arrived here in London a little over a week ago, it has felt like vacation...but a vacation that is surreal in that I am seeing all sorts of incredible things I never ever thought I would see! Big ben, tower of London, London Bridge (I mean I sang the song when I was little, but the fact that I would actually see it?), and Stonehenge?! I have seen so much in this short amount of time, and I am so grateful for the experiences I am having.

We started classes Tuesday, but with our fun day yesterday I didn't feel like school had really begun, but with two more classes today...it's time to hit the books!
For the first time since I got here, I haven't taken the tube one time today. I had class for 2 1/2 hours this morning with a break to read, then 2 1/2 more hours this afternoon. By the time we picked some school supplies up at the store, it was dinner time. Yes, even though I am in London, this is real life!

Tonight we are all staying in to do homework and assigned reading so that we can have some time to be out in the city this weekend. Tomorrow many hours of my day will be spend in the British Museum to complete 3 homework assignments for my classes, so that should be fun...it will be like real life with a twist of education first hand.

Saturday our plan is to go and experience the Portebello Market which is an open market downtown. After that we want to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe here in London because it was the original. We found out (through girls having cravings for Mexican food) that there is both a Cafe Rio AND a Chipotle here in London! Crazy huh?

So, with a fun weekend ahead, its time to hit the books...

School in full force? Yes. Real life exists here in London? Yes.


One fun thing about England that is driving me nuts:
You can't find 8 1/2" X 11" paper anywhere...it is all much longer and really obnoxious to deal with...Apparently the English don't care about wasting trees? And their is no such thing as a 3 hole punch, its either 4, or 2!

Oh you just gotta love it :]

No comments:

Post a Comment