Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunshine :]

Today in London was beautiful! The weather here is up and down all the time...It can be pouring one minute, and sunny the next, but whatever happens the weather comes and goes in spurts! Today for the first time it was sunny for several hours. We got up early this morning and left for church. The building was on the other side of Hyde Park in their stake building, so it took us a little over a half hour. it was fun to see the sun, especially being a girl that has Arizona blood. Church was amazing! I just love Sundays. We all were given our ward assignments for the rest of the semester, and none of us will be attending at the Hyde Park building. We are somewhere out in London in the London North ward. The 2nd counselor in the stake presidency said that it is the ward with the most need. It will be interesting to see which calling I receive next week. I am so eager to serve! I hope that our little group of BYU students can touch the lives of these English people in some way. I know I will be learning from them and their experiences. It has been good to just have a down day where we can catch up on sleep and enjoy time with one another. Tomorrow most of our group starts classes. I have lucked out and only take classes on Tuesday/Thursday, so I have 4 day weekends and another day to get things done. It is amazing how much there is to do even though we are not in class quite yet! I am sure tomorrow will bring a new adventure...life is a new adventure every day around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment