Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Little Wicked in London

I had the fabulous opportunity to see the most amazing show on Broadway tonight...Yes, we saw Wicked!! So much has happened, but that is all I want to talk about because it was just so fabulous.
Through the BYU program, we were supposed to attend Oliver tonight. Something went wrong and they couldn't get us all tickets so they ended up taking us to Wicked. You should have heard the screams and the squeals from all the girls when they made the announcement of where we were going.
No, this wasn't my first time. I had the opportunity to see it in LA several years ago with my cousin, but this time was even better because I knew the music! It played at the Apollo Theatre downtown, and I enjoyed every moment.




Other than our "Wicked night out" tonight, not much has happened. I have class every Tuesday/Thursday, so today was filled with hours of school.
I did have a fun experience Sunday that I neglected to write about...
This Sunday we were assigned to go to the church buildings we will be attending the rest of the semester. Everyone was spread out to strengthen the wards here in London that are desperately in need. So long story short, I am attending at a building that is about an hour and a half away. We left at 8:30am for our 10am meetings.
Saturday night we mapped out our trip and had everything ready so our travel would go off without a hitch...but there is always a hitch, isn't there? Nothing ever goes according to plan...that's life. Here's the story:
We are standing on the tube platform, the train pulls up and I am behind everyone in line to get on. The doors suddenly shut on the man that is in front of me. I had to push his backpack through the doors so they would close, and I watched my friends pull away.
I had no idea where I was going, but I did know the next stop on the tube, so I planned to meet them there and through the window they communicated that they would wait for me.
I tried to stay calm as I am not usually alone in London. I got on the next train and sat down and immediately started reading my scriptures to calm me down. The train leaving took me by surprise and with no cell phones, you just hope that you can all meet up together in the end. So I was reading for comfort when over the loud speaker they announced a station I didn't recognize. Long story short I had taken the train the opposite way from where I was supposed to go and now had to navigate back. You would be impressed to know I did it with no help. There wasn't anyone working because it was Sunday so I turned to the tube map.
By the time I met up with them, 50 minutes had passed. Boy was I grateful that they had waited and I had familiar faces greeting me at the station.

Well... Wicked and getting lost in London make for great stories...

It's an adventure every day here in London, and I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment