Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Run. Hike. Run Again.

I feel like all I did today was work out. Best. Feeling. Ever. :)
I started the morning off with a run down Bayswater, which is the main street just a block down. After several miles, I came home, showered and our entire group headed out for a nine mile hike!
It is a tradition that every semester, all the students take this hike in the country. It was an hour and a half drive both ways and a nine mile loop. To be honest, I have no idea where we were in the countryside. Green was everywhere with sheep grazing in the field and old castles and lavender fields. It took us 5 hours to get through nine miles with 40 of us on the trial. It was muddy, but so much fun. The weather was beautiful until about the last 15 minutes where it started to sprinkle! Here are some pictures we took along the way...










On our way home I was on the bus and we were driving through downtown London. Yes, I do live downtown but the section of downtown everyone raves about: Big Ben, Westminster, Parliament, ect. and I was thinking about how surreal it is I am actually here. It is just as everyone pictures. Perfect. Red double decker buses everywhere dropping people off admits the business of the city. Huge modern buildings are mixed in with historical sites with fountains flowing and modern art displayed in the square. I wish all of you that are reading this could be here right now with me! Everyone deserves to travel to London at some point in their lives...it is not to be missed. So if you have a bucket list or are thinking about a trip to Europe, don't forget to touch down in London town!

Our day was full of work outs. We got home, had dinner, and then turned around only to run through the city yet again. How lucky am I? I run every day in the city of London. wow. We had so much fun! Got to love a healthy day in a beautiful city with amazing people!


Love my life :]

No comments:

Post a Comment