Monday, March 28, 2011

Sundays.

Sundays here in London are very different from my Sundays in the states. I have been attending church in the London North Ward, which is an hour and a half away. Church starts at 10am and we leave at 8:30 to get there on time! As different as our ward has been, it has been a great experience and an opportunity to serve. We are at church from 10-1 and then it takes until 2:30pm to get home. Yes, this is a 6 hour ordeal, but one that has allowed the 5 of us who attend this ward to grow.
Meet Mike: Mike is one of my best friends here. He is such an amazing person and we are constantly laughing together over little inside jokes. All the boys in the center are so great, but so different. I know Mike and I will be friends back at home and get together all the time. Mike and I have church together and were called to be nursery leaders!




Mike and I have learned to love our calling! so much! We have 4 kids in the nursery, one of which is down syndrome. Antalia is a sweet 4 year old girl that is the cutest little girl ever. She has a little sister, Victoria who is also in the nursery. Jack and Vincent are the boys in the nursery! They all could not be more precious, but it is busy! Talia keeps us on our toes! One of us has to be working and playing with her while the other watches the rest. Singing time is the most successful part of our time in nursery because Talia loves to sing. Time in nursery is so precious. The kids have changed the way I look at the simple things in life, and I have loved serving.
Two weeks ago, all of the parents picked up their kids before church ended. With the half an hour we had left, we decided to clean out the closet. Both of us agreed that the nursery needed to be redone. I wish I had "before" pictures to show you. It needed cleaning and redecorating. So with some hours spent doing arts and crafts, and shopping for supplies, we redid the nursery. It was a project that took some time, but it was great service project and we felt so much better when it was over! Yesterday, we also had the help of Kinsey, which was nice so that we could get everything we needed to done!

Here are some pictures of how it turned out:






Jack was not there yesterday, but we took pictures of our time with the kids during church. They are the cutest and make my heart melt! I love them so much. I can't imagine what the love for my own kids will be like if I can love other kids so much that are not even my own!














We were really excited to find out that we have one more Sunday to attend our ward. Stake conference is regional this spring, so the week after general conference, the last week we have here, we will attend our ward one last time! Attending church here in London has allowed me to grow tremendously. I have loved working with these little kids, they have such a special Spirit and so much faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment