Friday, March 25, 2011

Count Down.


This morning I woke up and got ready and got back in bed to write in my journal about what happened yesterday here in London, England. It suddenly hit me about how I don't have much time left here in London. I have been living in LONDON! Big Ben is right down the street?! I never want to leave this place...ever. I know when I go home I will miss it! There are so many things about London that I have grown to love. I have been living in Europe for the past 4 months, and it is just now hitting me. Hitting all of us...
A part of what makes this experience so wonderful is the people. Of course there are groups that are closer than others, but all of us get along so well. Forty of us in one house is a lot! But somehow we all have learned to put aside our differences and live and enjoy each other in such a small space. I live in a room of 13 girls who share three showers. All of the girls share three toilets! Bed times, the mornings, shower routines and daily life for all of us was different. We all continue these patterns, and have learned to embrace the difference in routines. All of us have learned how to sleep with the lights on, roll over in bed when it is noisy, live on no sleep, and share one shower because the others are leaking through the wall. I need to do a post about the center itself and where I have been living...soon to come! But I can't help but gush about the wonderful people I live and have shared this experience with. There are people here that have changed my life forever, and I know that we will be friends for a lifetime! I can't wait to see where life takes the 40 of us after this semester is over. So many girls have boys back home or are engaged. Others are going on missions. Some are graduating in April and have no idea what is in store!
We all hate to think about what is back home. It is hard to think about going back to reality. I was on the phone with my brother last night and he said to me, "Ash, I don't think your life in London is as busy as mine here."...and he is right. I live in a fairytale, I have since January 5th. I have grown so much in so many different ways over this past semester and as it gets light earlier and dark later, and the blossoms come out, time is drawing to a close and I am so sad about it! Can't this last forever?!

So, who have I been living with and growing close with these past few months?!

The entire group, all 40 of us including our professors:



Meet the girls: Annie,Liz,Kinsey,Carly,Elise,Kaylee, Paige and Sharon.





These girls are amazing. We are all so different, but together we have shared more memories, laughs, and tears than any other group of girls I know. There is something about the bond you share doing study abroad. I will love them forever.


Meet Annie Eichers: One of the most adorable girls I know. She is from Salt Lake City and goes to the University of Utah. The ways she does things so sweetly makes her one of the most special people I have ever met! She makes me laugh so hard and has a way of making everyone feel so loved.




Meet Liz Bevan: Liz just makes me laugh...constantly! She goes to Utah State and is not afraid to be herself and is so confident in who she is in such an inspiring way. She has such an enthusiasm for life and is a girl with optimism..love her!




Meet Kinsey Grant: Kins and I have had tons of hilarious moments together this trip. Her and I are so different, yet so similar at the same time. We die laughing together all the time! She is always so smiley and happy, I love it..and her! She is also a Sophomore at the University of Utah!




Meet Carly Flamm: This girl is the best! She is going to be my roommate in the Spring and I am so excited! She is so so happy all the time. Her positive attitude is such a lift and example in my life! She is also one of the most outgoing girls I know. Can't wait to live with this girl at BYU!




Meet Elise Hansen: This cute girl has such spunk for life. She is a go-getter and I would have gotten lost here in Europe a million times if it wasn't for here talent with directions. :) She is the sweetest. I loved our friendship before the trip, and I love it even more now. She is a Sophomore at BYU and won't be back for summer, but I can't wait to hang with her in the fall!




Meet Sharon Jensen: This girl makes me smile. She is so fun to chat with one on one and I have loved getting to know her! She is getting married in June, and I am so happy for her! I am so glad she came abroad with us to have some great girl time before the big day.(she is on my right and on the end)




Meet Kaylee Kimzey: Kaylee and I have church together and I love her to death. She is so smart and ambitious, I hope I will be like her someday. She always always has a good attitude, even about the hardest things! Her middle name is Joy and it fits perfectly!



Meet Paige Knudsen: This girl cracks me up. We have had so many funny moments together. She was the girl that was the first one to talk to me when I arrived and kept me from bursting into tears. Her kindness has continued throughout these last few months and this trip wouldn't have been the same without her! She is graduating from BYU in April--congrats Paige!





These girls are inspiring, loving, and an example in my own life. We have learned so much from each other and each one of us has grown so close! I am so lucky to be with these girls here in London!

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, I love you more than you know!! You have the biggest heart in the world. This post made me cry!:) I might copy you for my own blog. London Lovies Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ash-babe. I just love you so much! I'm with Elise. This post definitely made me cry and we are ALL going to copy you. :) That's okay though! We share everything anyways. You have been such a good listener, friend, and example to me the past 3 months. Thank you for being kind and loving and just YOU. Can't wait to share more memories with you! I love you!!
    **LL 4EVER**

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you girls! So much...I am so glad that you are both in my life. I have loved our time together here...I am glad you enjoyed the post! Had to let everyone know who has made this trip so memorable...

    ReplyDelete