Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Look Through London's Eye

It has been 92 days since I left home and have been here in London. It just hit me tonight that I have been LIVING in one of the most magical cities in the world! I have lived ten minutes away from Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye and Westminster for the last three months. I can hardly believe it.
Tonight we went as a group downtown to just walk around and soak it up at night. If you go far enough back, we did a similar evening one of the first days we were here. We took a second round of pictures tonight and it was surreal. It seemed like we were in this exact same spot a week ago.
Since day one we always said that we would do the London Eye (the farris wheel looking thing) the last week to see the city. The Eye takes a half hour to go all the way around. It seemed like it was forever away that we would do this together, but tonight did come! As we all sat and reminisced for the half hour overlooking London, we all got teary knowing this is soon coming to an end. We have been so blessed to live here and I never want to leave. I have no idea the next time I will be back here, but I have to come back at some point in my lifetime! I love these girls and the amazing people I have met here. The scenery is great, but it is the memories I have made with some of my best friends that made this semester the trip of a lifetime. Why did 3 months have to go so fast?! :(


Here is the beautiful place we have been living for the past 92 days...






































No comments:

Post a Comment